
Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP West of Scotland) has today (Thursday) spoken in the Scottish Parliament debate on Charter Rights for People with Dementia. Alongside this, Mr McMillan also signed the charter which was in the Scottish Parliament to raise awareness of this important issue.
Mr McMillan said;
"I was delighted to have the opportunity to speak in the Charter Rights for People with Dementia debate in the Scottish Parliament, and to also sign the Charter.
"It's important that we acknowledge this important issue and raise awareness, nationwide, that it's on the increase.
"Therefore, I was pleased to hear that the Scottish Government has given a commitment to making dementia a national priority for Scotland and will produce a strategy by April 2010.
"I look forward to visiting the Alzheimer Café at Wellpark Mid Kirk, Inverclyde tomorrow and discussing the important issues with those constituents in attendance."
No comments:
Post a Comment