Stuart McMillan MSP SNP and Councillor Jim MacLeod are to meet with the Chief Executive of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to discuss possible changes to the Community Maternity Unit (CMU) at Inverclyde Royal Hospital (IRH).
Mr McMillan recently wrote to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to highlight proposals he has been made aware of in relation to a review of maternity provision at Inverclyde Royal Hospital.
Mr McMillan said;
"I have concerns regarding possible changes to maternity provision at Inverclyde Royal Hospital and believe the Health Board must make their intentions clear.
"I view the CMU at the IRH as an important cog in the future of the IRH and I will not accept that closure is inevitable or desired.
"Therefore, I have asked the Chief Executive of NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde for a meeting and I am pleased the Health Board will be meeting Councillor MacLeod and myself in the very near future."
Councillor MacLeod said;
"As SNP Group spokesperson on health I have deep concerns with any perceived changes to the Community Maternity Unit at Inverclyde Royal Hospital.
"We’ve been down this route before, fighting to save local health services in Inverclyde, but I’m hopeful we won’t come to a situation where maternity provision is removed from the hospital.
"Therefore, I look forward to dialogue with the Health Board and making it clear that the Community Maternity Unit must stay."
No comments:
Post a Comment