Stuart McMillan MSP SNP has today (Wednesday) welcomed confirmation that the planned August 3 pence rise in fuel duty has been cancelled.
Mr McMillan has been a vocal campaigner for fairer fuel prices. Alongside this, Mr McMillan led a Members’ Debate in the Scottish Parliament chamber on the issue of fuel prices.
Speaking after learning the UK Government had backtracked on the planned fuel duty increased, Mr McMillan said;
“I’m delighted the UK Government have finally listened to hard pressed motorists and scrapped the planned 3p fuel duty rise which was due in August.
“However, I was disappointed to learn Inverclyde’s MP did not add his support to the scrapping of the planned 3 pence rise in fuel duty.
“As I argued in my Members Debate in December 2011 high costs of fuel aren’t just hurting the pockets of hard-pressed householders, they are hammering businesses and hampering economic recovery.
“I know from the regular correspondence I receive from constituents in that fuel prices are a major burden on their incomes.
“Therefore, I welcome the U-turn being performed by the UK Government in the scrapping of the 3p rise in fuel duty.”
No comments:
Post a Comment