Friday, 15 August 2014

MSP COMMENTS ON FERGUSON SHIPBUILDERS RECEIVERSHIP


Responding to the announcement that Ferguson Shipbuilders, the last shipbuilders on the Lower Clyde has gone into receivership, MSP for West of Scotland Stuart McMillan said:

“This is terrible news for Ferguson Shipbuilders and all the workers who face an uncertain future.

“As someone who was brought up in Port Glasgow and is fully aware of what shipbuilding means to the area I am devastated for all those involved.

“I was hoping the order for two hybrid ferries, from the Scottish Government, was going to be a springboard for more opportunities for the yard.

"I have been in contact with John Swinney and the Scottish Government to ask for their support and I know they will do everything possible to help keep Ferguson's working and I also intend to raise the matter in the Scottish Parliament next week.” 

-Ends-

No comments: