Mr McMillan said;
"I was pleased to take the opportunity to visit Hillhead Housing Association and tour their current housing stock. Having the opportunity to meet the Director Stephen Macintyre was a more than useful exercise and I was able to take away a lot of information about what the association is currently doing in East Dunbartonshire and its plans for the future.
" Alongside this, I was glad some of the East Dunbartonshire Councillors were able to join me at the visit and put their points of view across to the Director.
Councillor Renwick said;
"Housing is singularly the biggest problem facing East Dunbartonshire at the moment. With the credit crunch hitting hard at every income level, I am heartened that Hillhead Housing Association are thriving and delivering for the residents of Hillhead."
Councillor Jamieson said;
"The Association is doing a fine job but recently suffered a great loss in the death of its chairperson Jean Mitchell whose determination ensured that this project would proceed.
There are many obstacles ahead including accelerating building costs arising from inflation and higher building standards. However the determination of the committee and the professionalism of the staff should ensure that new housing and upgrading targets will be met and this area will be transformed over the next few years."
No comments:
Post a Comment