Monday, 23 March 2009

McMillan Visits Small Business in Kirkintilloch


Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP West of Scotland) visited Kirkintilloch's latest coffee house, Papa Kawa, on Friday to learn more about the opportunities for small businesses in the East Dunbartonshire area. Mr McMillan, accompanied by Cllr David Ritchie and Cllr Gillian Renwick, were keen to meet a new business who were creating jobs and contributing to the local economy.

Mr McMillan said:

"I was delighted to be welcomed by Papa Kawa's owner John Paul Glenday to hear of his plans to sustain and develop the business during these tough economic times.

"I was encouraged to see this new business open in East Dunbartonshire.

"In the current climate we too often hear of companies closing down so it is great to meet enthusiastic business people who are intent on bucking this trend. I would like to wish this new business venture every success for the future in creating jobs and prosperity within the local economy of East Dunbartonshire."

No comments: