Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP) has commented on the flooding over the weekend around the Broomhill area.
Mr. McMillan said;
"Yet again the inclement weather means this part of Greenock has suffered further flooding.
"If the watercourse around the area was cleaned out properly and continuously maintained flooding here would be less likely.
"Once again Greenock is suffering and with indications showing flooding could be a more regular occurrence due to climate change we must ensure everything is done to prevent Greenock residents and businesses suffering any devastating consequences".
Cllr Jim Grieve added;
"I know that Inverclyde Council are waiting for the flooding report for the whole of Inverclyde which I’m sure all residents will look forward to with interest.
"However, I feel it would be beneficial for residents in Greenock to know what the contingency plans are in the meantime in order to protect homes and businesses from what could be a costly event".
No comments:
Post a Comment