Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP) has today (Friday) responded to the Scottish Government consultation which sought the views of constituents throughout Scotland on how neighbourly disputes over high hedges can be resolved more effectively. Mr McMillan said;
"I was pleased to be able to make a submission to the High Hedges consultation as I have been contacted by a number of constituents who have raised serious concerns about the current practice when it comes to dealing with neighbourly disputes over high hedges.
"I feel this is a very important consultation as the current methods and practices for dealing with high hedge disputes are somewhat limited.
"I believe the suggestion that the Scottish Government undertake research into the effectiveness of mediation, to look at how the process could be strengthened is a positive step.
"Let's hope the Scottish Government take onboard the concerns of constituents on this important matter. Therefore, strengthening and supplementing current practices to deal with
high hedge disputes is vital."
No comments:
Post a Comment