Thursday, 21 October 2010

McMillan Welcomes Homecoming Response from Scottish Government

Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP) has today (Thursday) welcomed the response from the Scottish Government to his recent letter regarding a future Gathering event incorporating Greenock.

Responding the Minister for Tourism, Jim Mather MSP, said, I would encourage local partners in Inverclyde to look for opportunities to take part in the Homecoming celebration as a way of showcasing all the area has to offer, including the historic Customhouse building.

Mr McMillan said;

"I am pleased the Scottish Government has recognised that Greenock can play a part in a future Homecoming celebration.

"Having a future Gathering event in Inverclyde would be an ideal opportunity to promote the area as a tourist destination and a place to visit.

"Therefore, I hope the relevant partners in Inverclyde will consider making contact with the Scottish Government to find out how they can get involved in Gathering 2014."

No comments: