Stuart McMillan MSP SNP has welcomed news that Ferguson Shipbuilders in Port Glasgow has returned to profit in the year to May, as turnover more than doubled.
In an article in The Herald, the company said it had returned to profit and was “delighted to be back building new vessels”.
Commenting Mr McMillan said:
“I’m delighted to learn that Ferguson Shipbuilders in Port Glasgow has returned to profit. This is a vast transformation from the dark days of 2005 when it faced closure.
“I know the assistance from this SNP Government in helping Ferguson deliver two hybrid ferries has been of great importance to the companies revival.
“It’s vital Ferguson remains active and open for new orders as it employs a significant number of people in Inverclyde. The addition of a number of new apprentices has also been a great boost for the company and the local area.
“Therefore, I look forward to hearing more about Ferguson Shipbuilders success and hopefully new contracts for the lower Clyde.”
No comments:
Post a Comment