Wednesday, 5 June 2013

McMillan Welcomes Re-launch of Greenock Asbestos Group

Stuart McMillan MSP SNP and Honorary Member of Clydeside Action on Asbestos has welcomed the re-launch of the Greenock Asbestos Group which is to meet on Friday 7th June at 12noon in the Morton Supporters Club.

Clydeside Action on Asbestos (CAA) is a registered charity which was formed in 1984 to provide advice and assistance to those who suffer from asbestos related disease and their families.

Mr McMillan said:

“I am pleased that the Greenock Asbestos Group is, once again, having regular meetings as this is an opportunity for sufferers of asbestos related conditions to come together in solidarity and friendship.

“I have worked alongside Clydeside Action on Asbestos for a number of years and fully support their campaign to provide justice for those who have suffered with asbestos related conditions.

“Therefore, I am delighted to be able to attend the group’s meeting this Friday and chat to those in attendance and continue to support their fight for compensation and ultimately justice.”

Phyllis Craig, Senior Welfare Rights Officer, Clydeside Action on Asbestos added;

“It is important that the people of Inverclyde with an asbestos condition can meet and support one another. I know that from speaking to the members of the Greenock support group just how much it means to them to talk to others in the same situation as themselves.

“We are hoping to invite along guest speakers from the medical and legal profession to answer any questions our members may have.

“Should you be diagnosed with an asbestos condition please contact Clydeside Action on Asbestos on 0141 552 8852.”

Mr William Piggott, who has been diagnosed with an asbestos related condition, stated;

“The support group has been a great source of help to me. It has given me the chance to speak about my condition and my concerns with people who understand how I feel.

“Having the group has taken away a lot of my worries, and given me access to a lot of information about benefits and compensation. I am extremely glad that the support group is running in Inverclyde.”

No comments: