Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP West of Scotland) today submitted a motion to Parliament welcoming the recent Visitor Attraction Barometer survey by the Moffat Centre, showing visitor numbers in Inverclyde has grown by 65%
The survey which examines visitor numbers to top attractions, shows that in September 2013 there were 19,515 visitors, compared with 11,817 visitors in September 2012.
Mr McMillan said;
“I welcome this report that shows visitor attraction numbers have increased in Inverclyde.
“As someone who lives in Inverclyde, I already know that Inverclyde has some fantastic local attractions, and I am therefore delighted that the number of people coming to enjoy these attractions is increasing.
“Any increase in visitor numbers to the area is of great benefit to the economy and should be welcomed.
“I am indeed pleased to be able to lodge this motion in Parliament.”
Motion Number: S4M-08583
Lodged By: Stuart McMillan
Date Lodged: 11/12/2013
Title: Visitor Attraction Numbers Increase in Inverclyde
Motion Text:
That the Parliament welcomes the recent national Visitor Attraction Barometer survey by the Moffat Centre, showing that visitor numbers to top attractions in Inverclyde have grown by 65%; notes that the survey examines visitor numbers to attractions and compares them with those of the previous year; understands that, in September 2013, there were 19,515 visitors compared with 11,817 visitors in September 2012, and welcomes the additional revenue that any increase in visitors brings to the Inverclyde economy.
No comments:
Post a Comment