Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP) has today (Wednesday 24th June) hosted a reception for the Ocean Youth Trust Scotland (OYTS) in the Scottish Parliament. The reception was attended by a range of people such as Ambassadors of OYTS, Members of the Scottish Parliament, Trustees of Ocean Youth Trust Scotland, sponsors, youth groups and Mr & Mrs Mills who are patrons for OYTS. The reception was an opportunity to showcase the excellent work OYTS does with young people and highlighted the enjoyment to be had in sailing.
Mr. McMillan said;
"As Ambassador for the Ocean Youth Trust Scotland (OYTS) I was only too happy to welcome them to Parliament today in order to show MSP's the great work the OYTS does for young people.
"By encouraging teamwork, working on confidence and a number of other essential skills the OYTS provide a stable and safe environment for young people to enjoy sailing.
"I was delighted to welcome Iona Bruce to speak about her own experiences with OYTS and Keith Brown MSP as Minister for Schools and Skills to highlight the support the Scottish Government gives to such organisations.
"I look forward to continuing my role as Ambassador for the OYTS and wish the team every success for the coming months and in their new offices in Greenock which I hope to be visiting in the month of July".
No comments:
Post a Comment