Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP West of Scotland) has received a response to his recent email to Transport Scotland from the Chief Executive David Middleton which indicates that the three month review of the A78 trunk road will take into account, 'any temporary or external influences such as school holidays or local diversions arising from works on the adjacent network'. Mr McMillan was passing on concerns raised by constituents who had contacted him stating that the review of the A78 must take into consideration the school holidays.
Mr McMillan said;
"I am pleased that Transport Scotland have listened to the concerns of my constituents who feel its vital that the three month review being carried out by Amey takes into consideration the upcoming school summer holidays.
"Many constituents have contacted me since I undertook my consultation of the Inverkip and Wemyss Bay villages to ask that I highlight the road safety issues on the A78 and that the review must take into consideration holidays.
"Therefore, I am glad the response I have received from Transport Scotland indicates that the survey data will take into account of any temporary influences such as school holidays."
No comments:
Post a Comment