Wednesday, 13 May 2009

McMillan Urges Community and Voluntary Groups to Apply for Funding

Stuart McMillan MSP (SNP, West of Scotland) has today (Wednesday) urged community and voluntary organisation to apply for funding from The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC). The £10.2 million Strategic Funding Programme, will provide three-year project-based funding for community and voluntary sector organisations of up to £450,000.

Mr McMillan said;

"I would urge community and voluntary organisation in Inverclyde to look into the possibility of applying for funding of up to £450,000 from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

"The commission is keen to give financial support to groups and organisations who fund activity that directly serves and involves individuals and local communities.

"I note the commission have specific criteria for awarding funding, so I would urge those groups and organisations who are thinking of applying to firstly check out the EHRC website at www.equalityhumanrights.com for more information. Or attend one of the Scottish Grant surgeries at Glasgow on Thursday 28th May at City Halls or the Dundee surgery on Monday 1st June at Apex City Quay Hotel."

No comments: