Wednesday, 20 May 2009

MSP and Councillor Welcome Environment Minister to Inverclyde


Stuart McMillan MSP, (SNP West of Scotland) has today (Wednesday), along with ward Councillor Jim Grieve, welcomed the Environment Minister to Inverclyde. The Environment Minister, Roseanna Cunningham MSP was visiting Inverclyde on the request of Mr McMillan to witness first hand the areas which have been badly affected by flooding.

Mr McMillan said;

"I am delighted the Environment Minister was able to visit Inverclyde and tour some of the areas which were badly affected by the floods which hit the in December 2008.

"I think the visit was an excellent opportunity for the Minister to see first hand the areas in Inverclyde which have been badly affected by flooding.

"I know the constituents of the east end of Greenock who responded to my consultation are anxious to see real action taken to improve flood defences and prevent scenes of last December from happening again.
"I would urge all relevant parties to play their part in finding solutions to Inverclyde's flooding problems sooner rather than later and I hope the Minister's visit will speed up this process."
Councillor Grieve said;

"I was pleased to meet the Minister and make my feelings known that the flooding issues in Inverclyde have to be addressed now.

"This has to be through all partners working together with Inverclyde Council in the lead as the statuary body.

"I believe to progress the regeneration of Inverclyde we have to deal with the flooding issues throughout all of Inverclyde or how can we promote this area for further investment, when a heavy rainfall causes everything to ground to a halt."

No comments: